*For those who don’t know, a ploppy is a gambler, and often an uninformed gambler making cringe-worthy playing decisions at the blackjack table. So here we go!*
- So I just saw a ploppy stand on a hard 7 tonight, and got the idea for this post.
- one that stands out was on a recent trip in tahoe—a guy who was betting black who claimed he was in the BJ tournament later on that evening, playing at a 2D, green table. TC was at d2, was dealt a 6,4 vs dealer face. he doubles down. I walked away from that table.
- I had a guy double 7 against a five but not 11 against dealer 10. He is actually a very close friend and this is why I won’t go near a casino with him. I just can’t be a part of him throwing money away thinking he is a winner.
- How about the flock of ploppies. There will be a table sitting empty for hours, no one wanting to play. As soon as ONE person starts playing it, here they come! Full table.
- The other night guy next to me doubled his hard 17 against a 10. Got a 4.
- That’s because he was counting each individual card and knew he had a 3% chance of drawing a 4. Come on, Joe, you don’t do that?
- Worst I’ve personally seen is someone double a pair of twos against a 7. Even the dealer was like “double, really?”
- I saw a guy double hard 16 v 5 for $100. He busted. Then a few hands later he refused to double 11 v 6
Hopefully you cringed when you read each of these ploppy plays. Be smart out there, and if you have a great ploppy story, send it in to us or share it on the forum thread here!